10/19/09

"Welcome to my Countdown to Halloween"

Come on in and make yourself comfortable....I'm going to count down the 10 days untill Halloween, post something new everyday and post my 10 favorite things about Halloween one day at a time. Oh by the way I would watch my back, you never know who or what is watching you!

Well if your like me~ I had no idea that there were these cities out there that were Halloween themed. So I live in the wonderful place called OHIO so i'm going to post the names only from ohio....If you would like to look up what kind of scarey towns are near you....go to
http://www.accuracyproject.org/towns-halloween.html

Deadman Crossing, Ross County, Ohio
Devil Town, Wayne County, Ohio
Bloody Corners, Portage County, Ohio
Pyro, Jackson County, Ohio
Hells Corners, Trumbull County, Ohio
Deadmans, Muskingum County, Ohio
Candy Town, Hocking County, Ohio
Ok I gotta throw this one in....(Pumpkin, San Jacinto County, Texas)

Ok so one of my favorite things about Halloween is "PUMPKINS"
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Happy Halloween Comments

Well decorating them that is. I have always loved to carve them as a child and the truth is I still do. I love to carve the faces and get my hands all slimy with the insides and the seeds:)and then to watch the kids do there own and take pride in there work. To light the candle and then place them outside to show off for everyone to see......That is why i love pumpkins!
But after blog hopping at "A Fanciful Twist" Halloween Party the other day I came upon a blog with the cutest and the coolest pumpkins i have ever seen.
So this weekend coming up were going to go get our pumpkins......No i'm not giving up our tradition of getting all slimy and lighting the candle...that will always remain that way, but I do want to try this out:) Try i say...(giggles)I will be sure to post pictures of my Pumpkin Experience......These pumpkins came:
http://michaelandjennifermead.blogspot.com/2009/10/goolish-pumpkin-decorating.html be sure to stop by her cottage and check her other ones out...they are just amazing!

Alittle F.Y.I::
I love pumpkin roll.:) I learned how to make them last year and i made so many we got burnt out on them.....(laughing loud)!!

The record for the fastest pumpkin carver in the world is Jerry Ayers of Baltimore, Ohio. He carved a pumpkin in just 1 minute and 37 seconds!

OHIO - THE COUNTRY'S MOST HAUNTED STATE!! (something else i learned) I read this from
http://www.ghosthaunts.com/z_haunted_ohio.html

So enjoy and I'm off to get ready for my day #9 countdown to "HALLOWEEN"
as i will be blogging alot over the next 10 days because i still will give my opinions and let my thoughts be heard on my every day life:)

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Happy Halloween Graphics




No comments:

Thanks for stoppin by:)It's nice to meet each and everyone of you all......I hope you enjoy my blog and come back anytime:))

Powered By Blogger